Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

Our staffie/ collie cross has suddenly gone into panic

Customer Question

Our staffie/ collie cross has suddenly gone into panic mode....as of this morning. She is panting and shaking and won't come near us without a lot of coaxing....she is eating and drinking ok but she's just not her normal loving self. I've got her laying with me and she's on her back and letting me rub her tummy. Her breathing is strong, but there does seem something wrong.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Mo. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Panting and shaking might be from anxiety and fear, but they can also be signs of pain, internal distress, or fever. Are her gums pink in color? Is she eating and drinking?

Can you take her temperature?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 10 months ago.

I have not heard back from you; how is Mo doing?

Let me know if this was helpful, and if you have any other questions I can answer.