Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Labrador puppy, 10 weeks old, vomiting, 3 times roughly

labrador puppy, 10 weeks old, vomiting, 3 times roughly every 45 min, first time - after about 3 hours after the meal, last two times - not much coming out, does not seem to be in discomfort in between, but it is night time here.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Finley, Mikhail. Such vomiting in a young pup is usually addressed by not doing; in other words, Finley is fasted but water is left down unless drinking induces more vomiting in which case ice cubes for him to lick should replace his water. If vomiting exacerbates, an on-call vet would administer an antiemetic and antacid by needle. Dosing a vomiting patient orally isn't usually useful because anything ingested at this time is likely to be vomited back up. If Finely does worsen and you don't have access to such a vet, over the counter dimenhydrinate (Gravol, e.g.) can be helpful (if it stays down) at a dose of 4 mg/kg orally repeated in 8 hours if need be.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much for your help.

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.