Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I need a prescription for some ear antibiotics for our

Customer Question

Hi, I need a prescription for some ear antibiotics for our rottweiler. He is a lovely friendly dog who hates going to the vets. It changes his character. The vet has said he will need to be sedated for them to examine his ears. This is very costly and extremely traumatic for him. He is scratching his ears alot.
Can I get a prescription for something like canaural or similar, I don't mind the prescription fee
Bernard ******
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Bernard, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret to tell you that we're not allowed to prescribe through this venue. I suggest that you ask his vet to send home a tranquilizer such as acepromazine that you would administer 2 hours prior to arriving at the vet hospital. The tranquilizer might be enough for the vet to work on your Rottie or, at least, less of a dissociative ("spacer outer") or anesthetic needed to be given to him.