Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

Is Ambroxol hydrochlorIde bad for dogs

Customer Question

Is Ambroxol hydrochlorIde bad for dogs
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan. Currently I'm reviewing your quesiton, and will be back to you in a few minutes.

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 11 months ago.

The answer is... it depends. It is used in dogs and cats specifically for breaking up mucous (like mucinex in humans). However it cannot be used alone. If you use it alone it will be bad. This product causes mucus to break down and if brochodilators are not used the mucus will fill the airways and cause significant problems like suffocation on their own mucus. So it can be used but with a bronchodilator drugs. There are much safer choices like using nebulized antibiotics and inhalor products like albuterol. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan