nekovet
nekovet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I have a shih Tzu puppy 5 months old. over the past couple

i have a shih Tzu puppy 5 months old. over the past couple weeks on 2-3 occasions in the mornings he keeps being sick. only bringing up bile as has not eaten at that time. everything else is normal including his poo. He is often picking up and eating leaves etc could this be causing the sickness or could there be another reason
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today.Eating odd items as you noted could certainly cause these episodes. Still if the vomits are bile based and prior to breakfast, then bile reflux in anticoagulant of eating would also be a concern. So while we'd want to avoid her eating sticks and leaves, we should also try either feeding an hour or so before her usually vomiting time or plan to offer a small meal at bed time. For persistent cases, we can even use a low dose of an otc antacid like Pepcid or Zantac. And often these steps are all we need to soothe these morning nausea issues for them.Please take care,
Dr. B
------------------------------------
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Afterwards, please make sure to rate my help ( using the stars or typing a rating) as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you. :)
Expert:  nekovet replied 11 months ago.
Ps- apologies to Dino for calling him a she there.