Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

Our calavier back legs gives way on her,our vet has quoted

Customer Question

our king charles calavier back legs gives way on her,our vet has quoted £4000,which we can't afford,If there is any way can help her she is 6years old.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 10 months ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I am so sad to hear your dog is having trouble with her hind end. Do you know why? Does your vet suspect a spinal issue (intervertebral disk disease) or another issue? Were basic radiographs (X-rays) already done? Was a basic exam down and what was found?

What exactly is this huge quote for (is it MRI scan and back surgery)? And what medication are you currently giving her?

Thanks for answering a few more questions. They help me understand what is going on and what questions you have.