Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

18 mth springer .we have fully trained him to flush and pick

Customer Question

18 mth springer .we have fully trained him to flush and pick up to highest standard.Day after full day on a shoot he was short on left fore around "knee". Can this be cured and if it can,how? we are desperate!
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Buster. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I just came online and saw your question; I am sorry you did not get help from an expert before now.

The "knee" is in the back leg. Is it his carpus, or wrist, the joint below the elbow in the front leg?

This might be able to be cured, but first you have to find out what the problem is. The treatment would depend on what is wrong. It could be a muscle strain, a sprained wrist joint, a hairline fracture of one of the bones in or near the wrist joint. Is the joint swollen? Will he put much weight on it?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you! How is Buster doing?