How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Peter Your Own Question
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 31101
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Peter is online now

My dog who weighs10 kg has just eaten 4/5 segments of a

Customer Question

My dog who weighs10 kg has just eaten 4/5 segments of a chocolate orange what should I do ??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

1- How many ounces was the orange?

2- Type of chocolate (dark, milk, etc.)?

3- How many hours since he ate it?

4- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would say about 30 grams and it's milk chocolate and had it about 30 mins ago
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Each piece 30 grams or the entire orange?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The entire thing he ate was 30 grams
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Friend, 30 grams of milk chocolate is not going to be life-threatening or systemic toxic to a 10kg dog; he may develop mild gastrointestinal symptoms like vomiting or diarrhea otherwise he will be fine. No need to worry or do anything.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok so I just checked the packaging and I would say it's closer to 60 g that he ate
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

60 grams will not toxic either.