How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DocPaul Your Own Question
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 2470
Experience:  20+ yrs exp. Emerg, Int Med, Ultrasound, Gen Practice.
20798050
Type Your Dog Question Here...
DocPaul is online now

My 9 Lakeland Terrier has just eaten 150g of milk chocolate.

This answer was rated:

Hi,
My 9 kilo Lakeland Terrier has just eaten 150g of milk chocolate.
She is very hyper but no vomiting or dihorrear.
Should I take her to the emergency vet?? So worried

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

You do NOT need to go to the ER

You might see some diarrhea or an episode of vomiting but that is about it

Dont feed tonight

Water is fine

Update me in two hours

Milk chocolate is not nearly as high in theobromine, caffeine or methylxanthine

Okay?

Paul

Still there?

Paul

DocPaul and other Dog Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much for putting my mind at rest. Just taken her out for a walk and she seems much better.

My pleasure

Please update me tomorrow AM

Paul