Jane Lefler
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
Experience:  Dog breeder/Trainer and Behaviorist 18+ years
2361900

i have a 7 month old german shepherd/husky, she is a lovely

Customer Question

i have a 7 month old german shepherd/husky, she is a lovely friendly dog with the family and with dogs that she meets on walks but will not accept visitors (people). into the house and just barks at them the whole time. I have tried giving them treats to give her which she takes from them but in between treats still barks.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 4 years ago.

Jane Lefler :

Jane Lefler :

My name is Jane and I've been working professionally with dogs for over 18 years now. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I do have some questions and a question answer format works best for this type of situation since it will likely take me 30-60 minutes to type up a response once I have you answers.

Jane Lefler :

What obedience training has she had?

Jane Lefler :

Is she allowed on furniture?

Jane Lefler :

Is it always at the door?

Jane Lefler :

If she has had obedience training does she listen even if people are there?

Jane Lefler :

What have you tried so far besides socialization?

Jane Lefler :

Are you worried when you walk her on leash and people approach?

Jane Lefler :

You have been using treats to socialize her. Has it made much of a difference in her reaction on walks?

Jane Lefler :

I'm going to switch over to question answer format and wait for your replies. PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS CHAT PORTION until I have supplied an answer to your question. I will do that after receiving your replies.