Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

Ive had my Collie just 4weeks, very well behaved in the home

Customer Question

I've had my Collie just 4weeks, very well behaved in the home and walking, she is 5-7 yrs,neutered and very sweet. She is a rescue from Dogs Trust.

First two weeks she was fairly calm in the car, (she does love travelling) BUTnow she becomes extremely excited when I get in he driving seat,she looks manic until we get moving, (quite a speed freak). I purchased a harness, to control her rapid movement across the back seat but the noise she nowmakes is becoming worse each day. I have tested her by leaving her in the car whilst I pop into a shop, she is perfectly quiet, UNTIL I sit in the drivers seat, problem is I'm alone when driving. Please advise.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 4 years ago.
Hi JaCustomer,
.
My name is Jane. I have been working professionally with animals especially dogs in both health and behavioral issues for over 18 years. I have over 14,000 satisfied customers. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with the best information, I do need to ask for some additional information. Once I receive your answer, it will likely take me about 30-45 minutes to type up your response. I hope you can be patient.

Is she barking or whining?
Are you talking to her when she makes this noise or showing her attention?
Do you have anyone that can help you with training if necessary?
Have you taken her for long drives?
Does she make the noise the whole time you are moving?
What have you tried besides the doggy seat belt?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

A Professional has responded to your question. Please let me know if you are still interested.