Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

our german shepherd is starting to be aggressive to us in the

Customer Question

our german shepherd is starting to be aggressive to us in the house with no warning
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 4 years ago.
Hi JaCustomer,

My name is Jane. I have been working professionally with animals especially dogs in both health and behavioral issues for over 18 years. I have over 14,000 satisfied customers. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with the best information, I do need to ask for some additional information. Once I receive your answer, it will likely take me about 30-45 minutes to type up your response. I hope you can be patient.

Was a thyroid panel run by the vet?
How old is your GSD?
When was he castrated?
Can you describe a few instances where he has been aggressive? If possible, tell me what was going on before the instance, during and after. For instance, the dog was sitting on the couch and we went to sit down and he growled or he was eating his food and all you did was walk by. The more detail the better it is.
What type of obedience training has he had?
How often do you train with him?
Do you walk him?
How long have you had him?