Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I have a 4 year old staff female that I got from an RSPCA rescue

Customer Question

I have a 4 year old staff female that I got from an RSPCA rescue centre she is a very friendly dog but just lately she has developed an attitude problem she barks at silly things and gets aggressive like if I get out a tape measure or the other night she barked at me when I drew the curtain and put my drink on the window will she also charges at me snaps and rolls over on her back if I walk out and ignore her she will calm down I wonder what to do to control this problem.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jacustomer,
.
My name is Jane. I have been working professionally with animals especially dogs in both health and behavioral issues for over 18 years. I have over 14,000 satisfied customers. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
.
In order to supply you with the best information, I do need to ask for some additional information. Once I receive your answer, it will likely take me about 30-45 minutes to type up your response. I hope you can be patient.
.
How long have you had her?
Has she had any obedience training?
How often are you walking her?
What pace is your walk? i.e. fast, leisurely, slow?
Have you found her any playmates?
Is the charging,snap and roll what you mean by aggression?
Is she growling at you?