Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

Today our dog has been a bit strange and being barking at every

Customer Question

Today our dog has been a bit strange and being barking at every little thing and tonight he wouldn't leave our family friend into the house and when she got up to leave he went for her and kinda nipped her! he is a 5 year old rhodesian ridgeback normally very quiet but today he has worried me
Alana
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Alana,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alana,
.
My name is Jane. I have been working professionally with animals especially dogs in both health and behavioral issues for over 18 years. I have over 14,000 satisfied customers. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
.
In order to supply you with the best information, I do need to ask for some additional information. Once I receive your answer, it will likely take me about 30-45 minutes to type up your response. I hope you can be patient.
.
Is he neutered?
Did he try to prevent her coming into the house or just keep him from leaving?
Is he normally timid?
Did he know this person before?
How much obedience training has he had?
Has he ever displayed aggression before toward a person or dog?
If so what were the circumstances?
Does he have any health issues that you know of?