Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My dog has become agoraphobic in the last three months. he

Customer Question

My dog has become agoraphobic in the last three months. he will not go out with me any more and is sick whenever i try to yake him.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 3 years ago.
hi Jacustomer,
.
My name is Jane. I have been working professionally with animals especially dogs in both health and behavioral issues for over 18 years. I have over 14,000 satisfied customers. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
.
In order to supply you with the best information, I do need to ask for some additional information. Once I receive your answer, it will likely take me about 30-45 minutes to type up your response. I hope you can be patient.
.
What breed is your dog?
How old is your dog?
When did this start?
Did anything different happen in the weeks before he started acting like this?
For instance, a dog attack or did he witness a dog attack, a sudden loud noise, an aggressive dog behind a fence, an aggressive child or person?
Are there steps out of the house?
What does he do when he is outside already?
What happens if you drive him somewhere?
Do you have birds that swoop down on cats and dogs like we do here in the US?
Are you outside with him when he is outside?