Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My dog has developed a fear of high pitched electronic beeps....A

Customer Question

My dog has developed a fear of high pitched electronic beeps....A soup maker, a new water boiler. This beeps when water has boiled . She is 11 years old has Addisons Disease, which is managed by 1 steroid per day. Also, she won't walk down the road now,the traffic lights have a push button to allow you to cross.... Please help.... She has run down the garden now,won't come back.This because of our new Water boiler ..PLEASE Please help. Sheila
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sheila,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sheila,
My name is Jane. I have been working professionally with animals especially dogs in both health and behavioral issues for over 18 years. I have over 14,000 satisfied customers. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
In order to supply you with the best information, I do need to ask for some additional information. Once I receive your answer, it will likely take me about 30-45 minutes to type up your response. I hope you can be patient.
What have you tried so far to help with all her noise issue?
Does anyone try and reassure her when she avoids certain noises?
What does she do on the walks when there are noises?
Has she always had issues with noise or is this newer behavior?