Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

What can we do he is a rather large Rottweiler he

Customer Question

What can we do for Murphy he is a rather large Rottweiler he brought from Ireland he is now four years old.the problem is he is scared of everything the vets he frightened the staff at the boarding kennels so he only managed two nights there.sometimes he likes to be made a fuss of but he has growled at both my husband and myself.he gets regular exercise but not good with other dogs he is my husband's dog but I am a bit wary of him my husband treats him like a baby he has never drawn blood but I don't trust him.please can you help .sue rouse.
Category: Dog Training
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
  • Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sue,
This is Jane. I worked with you yesterday. Yesterday it sounded like he was just growling basically at the owners from time to time when he didn't want to do what you asked him to do. In this question, it seems like the problem is much worse.
In this question, you state he is scared of everything. Can you explain why you think that is the case?
Is he food motivated at all?
What type of muzzle do you have? Basket or regular style?
I forgot to ask if he is neutered?
In this question, it sounds like he is also aggressive toward other people. Has he tried to bite other people?
If so, what are the circumstances surrounding that?