Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

We have a small dog, given to us by our son, when she was over

Customer Question

We have a small dog, given to us by our son, when she was over 3 years old. We had two whippets and a Tibetan Terrier, who were all elderly but they have each been put down, leaving this dog on her own. Before the last whippet was put down she began wetting in the bathroom. We thought this was just laziness at night but it has now happened during the day when she would have to go upstairs in order to do this.
Please can you give us some guidelines. Cheers, ***** *****
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Wendy,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jacustomer,
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry your question was not in a category I could answer until today.
In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.
Is your girl urinating more often?
Is she drinking more fluids?
Is the urine concentrated or have a strong odor to it?
Any blood in the urine?
Is she walked on a schedule?
Is she given food and water at specific times or is it down all the time?