Jane Lefler
Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
Experience:  Dog breeder/Trainer and Behaviorist 18+ years
2361900

My dog is 3 years old he has been spaid. He has a very good

Customer Question

My dog is 3 years old he has been spaid. He has a very good temperament with people and is very friendly with most dogs, however occasional he will show aggressive tendency towards another dog, this has resulted in us never letting him off the lead without a muzzle, and although this does not stop him being aggressive it will stop him biting. This behaviour developed once he was approx. 18 months old.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.
Hi JaCustomer, My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient. What obedience training has he had?Are the other dogs male and intact?When was he neutered?What behavior does he display when he is aggressive?What have you tried besides the muzzle and not letting him off leash?Are you worried about him attacking dogs when he is on the leash, maybe holding him tighter or pulling him back?