Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My 3yr old cairn is very frightened of noises any sudden bang

Customer Question

my 3yr old cairn is very frightened of noises any sudden bang or thunder/fireworks or gunshots sends her into a frenzy. If we are on a walk and any sudden noise happens she cowers and just runs off which sometimes is very dangerous. In the house if any loud bang or firework or thunder happens she sits and shakes. I have tried all the dog calming products and the vet has recently given us a course of Zyklene for a month which has made no difference.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  DakotaSouthFive replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. This is just a short note to introduce myself. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. Please know that you can also choose an additional service of a phone call.Where did you get your pup and how long have you had her?Is medication the only thing you have tried and how long was she on this?