DakotaSouthFive
DakotaSouthFive, Other
Experience:  Therapy Dog Evaluator,AKC Evaluator, 27 years dog behavior,modification, Emergency Pet first aide in disasters
3570977

I am looking after my daughter's Border Collie who stays

Customer Question

I am looking after my daughter's Border Collie who stays with, is walked and lunched by a dog carer.
He reports that the dog is fine on the walks, but only defaecates on return home.
What worries me more is that he urinated 9 times whilst in the minder/s dog kitchen but failed to do so on his walks.
The carer has implied that the dog is not house trained and refuses to have him again.
Rory behaves very well in my house with only the occasional accident, largely because I am disabled and cannot always let him out when he needs to go.
At home, he is totally clean.
Can you tell me the reason for his behaviour with the carer please?
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  DakotaSouthFive replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. It may take a few minutes for me to type a personal response or type questions regarding your situation. Your patience is very much appreciated.

Dogs will have accidents out of stress , change of routine, or the dog may be marking the house if the care taker often takes in other dogs. If the care taker has dogs in his home then that can have your dog mark areas. I would want to know if the dog is marking or giving full streams of urine in one spot.