Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I was dreaming as I woke up this morning. I was in the

Customer Question

I was dreaming as I woke up this morning. I was in the lounge in a house which had big windows of glass (floor to ceiling) and it was night. I was indoors (no lights on) with a dog in it's basket and my 2 cats. I felt someone looking in. I looked out and saw a man looking in at me but he wasn't still - sort of leaping about. He had a dog. My dog did nothing. I went out to the kitchen and the man's dog came in - a small pitbull dog which tried to bite my finger. I grabbed it around the neck and the man was coming in. I felt that I had a man my self who wasn't there at the time so I had no protection even from my own dog. Then I woke up. I feel quite disturbed by this dream.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 4 years ago.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven effective in interpretation of dreams.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Your unconscious mind occupies the majority of your psyche, and your conscious mind is just like the tip of the iceberg. Your dream sends your most profound thoughts to your conscious mind, sometimes in mysterious symbols, but sometimes in very direct images.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

This dream seems to indicate that you are feeling very insecure and vulnerable.

JACUSTOMER-4nwy0u2l- :

OK.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You may not consciously feel it, but your psyche is telling you that there are potential dangers to being by yourself and that you do not have adequate security at home or perhaps outside when you are alone.

JACUSTOMER-4nwy0u2l- :

Hmm - I am a bit disappointed with this response. I hoped for interpretation of the various symbols. I have never felt any issues with security in my home.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The glass house does not necessarily mean that you are being watched but that you are vulnerable or feel vulnerable.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I will opt out and let someone who can find some symbol interpretation for you. I just wanted to tell you what I thought that the dream meant.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

So sorry.

JACUSTOMER-4nwy0u2l- :

OK - thanks anyway. It's just taken so long for someone to get back to me. This dream really affected me when I woke up, but it's now 11 hours later and has somewhat receded. Thanks for trying.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No - I'm not OK to continue to wait. Obviously my dream is not interpretable! Please assure me that the £11 will not be taken against my card. Thanks.