Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I keep dreaming that Ive given birth to a baby but when my

I keep dreaming that I've given birth to a baby but when my family and friends visit me and meet my new baby, the baby suddenly turns into a drawing of a baby and my friends and family think I am crazy. What does it mean?
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I would like to wait for an answer

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 3 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven effective in interpretation of dreams.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help.

Your unconscious mind occupies the majority of your psyche, and your conscious mind is just like the tip of the iceberg. Your dream sends your most profound thoughts to your conscious mind, sometimes in mysterious symbols, but sometimes in very direct images.

You have given no background information which is always helpful in order to put dreams in their proper context. You have not even stated your gender, but I shall assume that you are female (although I have had men dream of giving birth).

Your age, marital or relationship status, and whether or not you have conceived and delivered before would also help, but I will give you my best interpretation.

Dreams of giving birth

can mean a new start or an anticipated event. It may be referring to more innocent and undeveloped traits or talents that need to be nurtured in order to flourish.

More directly, this dream may mean that you are anxious about having a child or you are impatient for this to happen.

If you are not pregnant, then this dream could mean that you are anxious about a duty, job or obligation for which you are responsible. It represents your hope of reaching your full potential and be able overcome any obstacles that may block your way.

The fact that your baby keeps turning into mere drawings (i.e. plans, hopes, schemes) but not into the real thing shows that you have fears of others not accepting you, not taking you seriously, not giving you credibility, not having confidence in you, not realizing your potential, and thus your sorrow over this lack of regard for you is expressed in the dream.

I hope that this helps.

May God give you the strength to succeed in your ventures and receive the appropriate recognition for our accomplishments.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

First of all I apologize for not providing any background information as in hindsight I realize that would have been useful, but the answer I received was fascinating and made a lot of sense to me, thank you for your help.