Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

My male friend who i have been seeing for about 9 months has

Customer Question

My male friend who i have been seeing for about 9 months has had a dream about our cats living together. what does this mean?
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 4 years ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven effective in interpretation of dreams.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Your unconscious mind occupies the majority of your psyche, and your conscious mind is just like the tip of the iceberg. Your dream sends your most profound thoughts to your conscious mind, sometimes in mysterious symbols, but sometimes in very direct images.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

This may simply be a dream of wish fulfillment. If your cats live together then by implication and extension, you and your male friend live together. This is his unconscious wish. He told you about the dream because he probably understands what it means and it was a hint or suggestion to you, done very indirectly.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Sometimes people dream about cats because they are apprehensive. He may feel a bit insecure in the relationship or in the direction it is going (or not going) and therefore had this "reassuring" dream.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Either way, this dream indicates that he cares enough about you to want to move the relationship to the next level, whether it would be formally (marriage) or informally (living together).

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I wish you great success with your relationship and will keep you in my prayers for personal happiness and fulfillment.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC