Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

Hi my children are in hse care and the other night I had a

Customer Question

Hi my children are in hse care and the other night I had a dream that I finally won the battle off geting them home it was the date before I had a court case to deal with the matter but the case was not heard whst dies my dream mean
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Norman Brown :

It appears that you want it to mean that you will win the case—which would be classical “folk dream meaning.” But in classical Freudian dream interpretation it would be a simple “wish-fulfillment” so it wouldn’t predict winning OR losing the case in court. I might be able to choose between these two meanings, but only IF you could communicate EVERY DETAIL of the dream and then compare and contrast each one to the details of your court experience the next day. For dreams CAN be predictive and there are usually significant details that match the predicted situation very well, although some symbolic elements might show up to deliver additional messages also. So if there were significant details (without you choosing what you think SHOULD be significant, but just including EVERYTHING you saw or experienced in any sensory, emotional or mental way) that did NOT fit the court appearance the next day, but some later appearance is in another courtroom that DOES match the dream much better and the way the case proceeds matches also, or other symbols of victory match, then you have the meaning you desired. But not until after it does happen can you be sure. Freudian “wish-fulfillments” don’t really happen very often in dreams, but when something has been fervently wished for over hours, days, weeks or months, such wishes are often apparently fulfilled in dreams, like a drink of water for a thirsty person. Your hunger to get your children back is probably similarly intense, so it could generate a wish-fulfillment dream.