Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

Last night I dreamt that my husband was beating my son with

Last night I dreamt that my husband was beating my son with my younger daughter sitting next to him. My son was screaming so hard once I heard the screams first I didn't recognize what was it as I was in another room so when I came into the room and saw what was happening started shouting at my husband"leave my son alone"!!! Noting that both my son and daughter were children in the dream while they are in their twenties now.
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Norman Brown :

The computer system failed to transmit my response. So here it is again.

Dr. Norman Brown :

That makes it more likely that this dream is about either what’s going on emotionally between you and your husband now, or about some inner conflict within yourself, for which your husband is more of an image of your own masculine side—and both levels of interpretation could be useful for bringing this unconscious reflection on your present life into consciousness so you can benefit by conscious understanding and then make wise choices about what to do with the information your unconscious Dream Director is offering you.

So the first question I have for you is this: What conflictual situation (either with your husband or within yourself) at present could have triggered this dream? For in an important dream like this, it’s best to start by exploring the waking life situation that the dream is making a naturalistic-instinctual and wise commentary on, and then Compare and Contrast that waking situation with the way it is presented in the dream itself. For those Differences may be clues to the “New News” the dream is showing to you, and therefore also to the wise guidance that we may be able to extrapolate from the dream for how to benefit from it in your waking life—for it’s only in your waking consciousness that you can make wise moral and practical choices and thus make the best adjustment in the direction of your life to deal with the issues – both within yourself and in your interpersonal world – that your dream is addressing.

The second question I have for you is this: What was going on in your life when your son and younger daughter were the ages they manifested in the dream? (perhaps of a conflictual nature, whether it was with your husband or within yourself—such as beating up on yourself for issues you were experiencing)