Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, PhD
Experience:  40yrs interpreting dreams & connecting conscious & unconscious minds
55153673

I often dream of being chased and shot, each time in different

Customer Question

I often dream of being chased and shot, each time in different scenarios so they are repetitive but different dreams each time. This has been going on for most of my adult life on and off, not every week but often.
The feeling I have is of a high sense of fear, being chased and the dreams are very vivid, realistic, in colour and in great detail and often if things happen they are quite gory. They often feel very real when I awake as if it really happened.
What can this mean?
Category: Dream Interpretation
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 2 years ago.
To understand these dreams, we'll need to relate them to your waking life. Could you be living a life that is much more focused on what somebody else in your family wants you live for, believe in and strive toward? What are your own most important values? And what are/were those of your parents and other most influential family members?
Are there any significant risks in the life you have led--or do you have ancestors who have experienced severe oppression or violence?
I'[m just picking two possible places to start our exploration; so if you'll comment on each of these possible paths, we may get close to finding out which one(s) to follow.