Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have fatigue and worried that it may reduce life

Customer Question

I have chronic fatigue and worried that it may reduce life expectancy. There are many suggestions from past research that the heart output, mitochondria function amongst others are subnormal, I've also read that mitochondria is a key player in aging, and poor function leads to increased aging, and increase chances of cancer, heart disease etc. My blood pressure is normally around 125/130 over 75. Resting pulse 85. I feel like my heart is already working hard, hope you can help.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome

These are normal vital signs. Your heart is not working hard. If you look at medical studies and surveys that are real, there is no change in life expectancy due to a diagnosis of CFS alone.

Leading causes of death in CFS patients include heart disease and cancer, similar to the general population.

Let me know if you have specific questions