tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Extensive experience in drug rehab and drug screening
18722459

Ok but what happens if I take cocaine when on antabuse? side

Customer Question

ok but what happens if I take cocaine when on antabuse? side effects etc? effect of the drug or no effect?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
No effect as there is with alcohol when one is on antabuse. The antabuse tends to block cocaine receptors in the brain so that you don't get the feel-good effect from the cocaine. When it comes to alcohol, the antabuse blocks one of the liver enzymes that metabolizes alcohol and turns alcohol into formaldeyde in the blood stream--that causes the violent reaction of turning beet red, nausea, vomiting, etc. But all that would happen if one were taking anabuse and then took cocaine would be a lack of the cocaine high
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. But yesterday I felt dizzy and very sick after taking cocaine. Does naltrexone block cocaine feel good? I read that i blocks opiates but don't know about cocaine.

Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
Yes, naltrexone can block the cocaine feel-good effect
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.

Hi again. I'd like to ask you a question here--you've asked several questions on this subject up to now--

Can I ask what exactly is going on with you and cocaine and antabuse and naltrexone?