wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Iam on 25 mg of pregabalin in the morning and 25mg of

Customer Question

Iam on 25 mg of pregabalin in the morning and 25mg of pregabalin in the evening also on 40mg of citolopram going back to my gp today because he might up the pregabalin to 75 am I likely to get side effects upping them didn't get no side effects with the starting dose but just worried if I up them I might get side affects
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 6 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.While there is always a risk of side effects from any medication you are taking I would not rush to think that, just because you might be increasing your dosage of pregabalin, that you will now have a problem with this drug.It is a good sign that you have not had any side effects on the lower dosage...So. What is the take home message?Trust your doctor. She will watch you closely for any side effects at this new dose but, all things being equal, I do not feel you need worry.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is this drug good for anxcity as that's wot Iam taking it for?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 months ago.
That is correct. Pregabalin, while is is used for a number of conditions, has been found to be very helpful in patients with anxiety.As such, it is very possible that this is why your doctor has prescribed pregabalin for you.I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.Thanks in advance,Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's great do u think 75mg is enough for anxcity as I didn't really want to go any higher than this dose
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 months ago.
Only time will tell.......I'd not be afraid to try 75 mg and give it at least 3 weeks before giving up on it.Make sense?See the pretty Excellent feedback button? Don't be afraid. Give it a little push. You'll like it.....Trust me, I'm a Doctor ;) I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So it does take a good few weeks to see the benefits of this ??
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 months ago.
two or three weeks....Make sense?See the pretty Excellent feedback button? Don't be afraid. Give it a little push. You'll like it.....Trust me, I'm a Doctor ;) I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern. Dr. Rick MD FACS