Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am currently using fluticasone furoate to control my

Customer Question

Hi - I am currently using fluticasone furoate to control my allergies as well as an anti histamine. It all seems to be working well. My question is, is this safe to use long term as I also use steroids for my asthma in the form of beclemathasone?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, your allergy medications and antihistamines are safe to use long term.

beclemathasone is an inhaled steroid for your asthma is also safe to use as well

make sure you gargle with some water after use of a steroid inhaler to make sure the steroid doesn't stay in your throat

which can increase risks for throat fungal infections

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll down to see the ratings area in blue

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com