Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Kindle screen is stuck on a picture of the battery with

Customer Question

My Kindle screen is stuck on a picture of the battery with a small black strip down the left hand side, the kindle end of the charging cable, an arrow, and a sign for electricity?

Help!
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.

Do not skip that it is important.

It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.

Try this at least 6 times.

The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.