Cris
Cris, Technician
Experience:  A technician which covers all grounds including E-Readers.
10156100

I have an old kindle ( with approx 30+ books on it) but the

Customer Question

I have an old kindle ( with approx 30+ books on it) but the screen has failed. It was a wi fi version . I have now purchased a new paperwhite version. How do I recover the unread books from my old kindle please
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com to ask your question, I am Cris.

Any book you purchase using your Amazon account remains in your cloud. Any Kindle or Kindle supported device you register to your account, gives you immediate access to your books. From the cloud section.

On your new Kindle you must connect to WiFi then register it to your Amazon/Kindle account. Then check the cloud section for all of your books, select the book and it will download onto the device.

Please let me know if this answers your question. If you have any further questions or follow ups please let me know. BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer them.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried this but it is showing nothing and the cloud is greyed out. I have just purchased a book and this is showing but none of the ones from my old kindle. I should explain that the old kindle was one of the very early versions with the keyboard at the bottom . Could this be the reason and if so have I possibly lost all the books?

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
No, it does not matter how old the Kindle is. All books that you purchase with the same account remain part of your account.

Please log into Kindle Manage Page and see if your books are there. Make sure you are using the same account that you had your older Kindle registered to.

Click here>>>Kindle Manage

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will need to contact Amazon as I think I may have more than one account

Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Do you have another email you might have used for another acccount?

If so use the kindle manage page link. When you reach the site click on password XXXXX Enter the email address and folow the prompts you will receive a email with reset info. See if you can then log in and see your books.

Let me know the outcome.
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If in the future you have any further questions please save my site profile. So you can reach me directly.

www.ITCrisAnswers.com

Let me know,
Cris
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

www.ITCrisAnswers.com

Let me know,
Cris