Richard, Engineer
Experience:  E-Reader Engineer
32989067

cannot buy books as I have forgotten my password XXXXX so opened

Customer Question

cannot buy books as I have forgotten my password XXXXX so opened a new EMAIL for my husband, then bought books but they have not been downloaded tro my nook,HELP
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

When you made a new email, you then need to register the Nook to this new email address, as all downloaded are based on the account you buy the books on, and the Nook needs to also be registered to this account.

On the Nook, go into Settings>Device Settings and unregister it. Then register it with the new account (the new Email) and the books will then be available. But you lose the books on the old account, on the Nook, as they are still linked to the old account.

Register with the new account, and if you have any difficulties, please do not hesitate to let me know.