James
James, E-Readers Expert
Experience:  E-Readers expert
24111805

My kindle has been stolen. I would like to ensure: 1. no

Customer Question

My kindle has been stolen. I would like to ensure:

1. no new books etc can be ordered by anyone who may have got access to the kindle. How can I prevent unauthorised purchase/use etc?

2. I would like to have access to all my purchased books and have these available for reading on my ipad - and if I do get a replacement kindle - on this new kindle. How do I go about this?

thanks
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is James. I'm very sorry to hear that your Kindle was stolen!

Here is what you need to do:

1. First, you need to change your Amazon.com password. This will prevent anyone from being access your account and purchasing books on your Kindle. To do so, click HERE.

2. De-register your Kindle from your Amazon account. To do so, click HERE.

3. On the iPad, go to the app store. Search for "Kindle", and download the Kindle app - it is free. Register it using your Amazon.com user and password (same ones you used on the Kindle). Once done, you will see a "Cloud" option. All your books will be there, and you can download them all again, for FREE!

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

James.
Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jay, this is James from JustAnswer.
I just wanted to drop a quick note to see if you needed any more help from me, or if everything is ok?

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you, and kindly rate my service when you get a chance.

Thanks!

J.