Cris
Cris, Technician
Experience:  A technician which covers all grounds including E-Readers.
10156100

Book ordered not downloaded to computer. Clare Balding, My

Customer Question

Book ordered not downloaded to computer. Clare XXXXXXX, My animals and other family. Ordered 2nd December. 1st rime I`ve had any trouble. Isabel XXXXXXX

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Just to clarify you ordered a Kindle book on your PC and it did not appear on your Kindle device? Is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes that is correct

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
OK,

Please log int your Kindle Manage Page from the link below. Once you sign in the list of books in your account will appear. Locate the book you don't have on your Kindle then to the right there is a actions button.

Click on it and then on the drop down select Send To and pick your Kindle. Then probably within 30 seconds you should have the book on your device.

Click here>>>Kindle Manage

Let me know the outcome, reply back to me BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry book did not appear in my kindle.

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Was the book in your Manage Kindle list? Were you able to click on Send to your Kindle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It said Deliver to my kindle.

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
OK,

Can you please try restarting your Kindle again. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds the device will shut off then turn back on.

Ensure that the Kindle is also connected to WiFi.

Let me know the outcome.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have done that before but what I notice is that the button will not stay pressed for 20 seconds. I presume Wifi is on as I have a BT hob which I presume has Wifi in it. I have never had this problem before.

Thankyou for your patience. I am 88 but love my computer! However I may be a little bit slow.

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Sure, no problem. Thank you for your patience as well.

Normally if everything is OK on the account. Meaning you see the book listed and can send to the device. Then there is a problem with either the Kindle being glitched and normally a restarting the device by holding the button for 20 seconds.

Will correct it, if not there could be a problem with WiFi connection. Were you able to restart your Kindle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I could restart my kindle. Yesterday I tried downloading it by USB connection unsuccessfully. Would that have altered anything? I am searching my address book to find a number I could ring BT to check on Wifi.

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Yes it could have, did you restart your Kindle just now.

It needs to be restarted can you please do that then let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kindle restarted

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Great,

See if the book appears after the restart. If not tell me what Kindle model you have so I can tell you how to check it connected to WiFi.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model Number is XXXXX

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
To check WiFi do the following:

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button.
  2. Select Settings, and then select Wi-Fi Networks.
  3. Make sure it shows connected to a WiFi network.

Also make sure Airplane mode is not turn "on".

1. From Home, press the Menu button.
  2. Select Settings, and then make sure Airplane is OFF and not ON.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry but I could not follow your directions on my Windows 7 computer. I did find one place where it said wireless networks were not on. Maybe that is the problem. I have a good computer man whom I could contact tomorrow if that is the problem. Why have I never had problems downloading books before? But I am most grateful for your help. Do you live in San Francisco?

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
The previous instructions were to be done on kindle not the PC. To ensure you are connected to wifi and airplane mode is not on.

Please if you can do it on your kindle take your time. I will be online for awhile.

I am actually on the east coast NJ.

Cris, Technician
Experience: A technician which covers all grounds including E-Readers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou. Of course there is no Wifi connection as the little bars on the indicator are empty. I should have thought of that.

We lived for two years in Cambridge Mass. My husband worked for the Gillette company. We explored the East coast a great deal, skiing, camping and sailing. It is a beautiful part of the world.

Now I am going to have a whisky.

Many thanks. Isabel.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou very much. Directly I saw the empty bars above the home page I realised there was no Wi-fi. My sons live in Scotland where there is very bad Broadband connection. I have a laptop there and notice how full the bars are.

We lived in Cambridge Mass for two years in the 60s and enjoyed skiing, camping and sailing in New England. A wonderful part of the world. My husband worked for the Gillette company. We spent one summer on Cape Cod.

Now I am going to have a whisky.

I hope you have a happy Christmas and New Year. Regards Isabel.

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
Your very welcome.

If you have any further questions, let me know. Please save my direct profile link if you have any questions in the future you can reach me directly.

www.ITCrisAnswers.com
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Hi Isabel,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If in the future you have any further questions please save my site profile. So you can reach me directly.

www.ITCrisAnswers.com

Let me know,
Cris