Richard, Engineer
Experience:  E-Reader Engineer
32989067

my kindle will not wake

my kindle will not wake
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It really worked !! Thankyou. But two things. (1)Re-awakened I seem to have lost about 50 of my books. Not sure of the numbers. How can I check against my purchases and get them re- downloaded ? (2) Re the original problem - this has been a recurring problem since I bought the K (in 2010) each summer when I have spent a month or so in the USA. Each year it would not wake up on my arrival - a a friends house. On each occasion - desperate .. .. I left it on charge and eventually after 2-3 days it woke. What is all this about ?? Is there a battery that should be replaced ? Should |I have a back up ? Could I use an apple tablet as a back up. Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Great!

For 1) go to your Library and all your purchased books will be there Peter.

2) It sounds like the mainboard is faulting. This would explain this current problem and the symptoms you explained.

If it is still under Warranty (less then a year old) I would look at it being replaced, else you will need to live with this problem as replacing the mainboard is not possible (they do not sell it seperatly as it is more expensive then purchasing a new Kindle).

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have a "library" folder on my kindle. On my accounts page at amazon kindle there is a very out of date list - which incidentally is not available to be read. Will amazon allow me to download and read books on both a computer as well as a Kindle; or if I buy a back up kindle would they let me have the same books on both ? Any tips on managing my account and book lists ? Thankyou.

Peter

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

The books are all linked to your Amazon Account Peter.

You can read them on the computer by using this program

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd?docId=1000426311

You can use multiple Kindles with the same library, no problem, you just register them all with the Amazon Account you are using. It is hard to advise on managing your account and book list, as this is always due to personal preference, but I tend to try to keep the list as organised as possible.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you .