Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

I have been using my 1st Kindle with ease and pleasure. But

Customer Question

I have been using my 1st Kindle with ease and pleasure. But now the setting up and connecting of my 2nd one gives problems. After filling in email address and password XXXXX told they don't match my accounts with Amazon, but they are right!
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you sure you are using your exact correct Amazon password (it is case-sensitive)? Can you see if you can log in your Amazon account password XXXXX the website http://www.amazon.co.uk/manageyourkindle?

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Can you reset your Amazon account password XXXXX the website https://www.amazon.co.uk/password?

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Please reply at the box below, then click on the Reply button at the bottom in order to chat with me. Thank you,

JACUSTOMER-9gwl4kej- :

Yes I entered my password XXXXX got into my amazon account but didn't know how to return but here I'm back. On the Kindle I went back to the page register-your-kindle

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Sorry about that. So on the kindle, you enter the same password (it is case-sensitive) as at the website http://www.amazon.co.uk/manageyourkindle?

JACUSTOMER-9gwl4kej- :

yes and what now?

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

That's really strange. Can you change your Amazon account password?

JACUSTOMER-9gwl4kej- :

This is a maze, I cannot find how to change password XXXXX all irrelevant adverts

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

1. Click on the website https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/css/homepage.html/ref=topnav_ya
2. At that website, scroll down, then click on " Change Account Settings Name"
3. Click on Edit on the right of Password, then you can change, then save...

JACUSTOMER-9gwl4kej- :

I have changed my password

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

great, now, press & hold the power on/off button on the 2nd kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on, then see if you can sign in with the same email address and the new password XXXXX just set.

JACUSTOMER-9gwl4kej- :

Same message appears: you cannot connect - if persists go to menu in settings etc

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

The 2nd kindle is currently connected to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name right?

JACUSTOMER-9gwl4kej- :

Yes, and i copied the password XXXXX the back of the WiFi box

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

What's the model of your 2nd kindle, such as Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD, etc.?

JACUSTOMER-9gwl4kej- :

Kindle 6" E Ink display B007HCCODO 814916017782

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Go to Menu / settings /device / menu, etc., and do a factory reset

JACUSTOMER-9gwl4kej- :

How?

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

1. From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings.

2. In Settings, press the Menu button again, and then select Reset to Factory Defaults.

JACUSTOMER-9gwl4kej- :

I've done all that, it has reset to factory defaults, connected to WiFi again, then I typed in the email address and the new password XXXXX again the old message comes up that it is unable to connect and that email/password XXXXX match any accounts. Is this a faulty device?

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

I'm sorry, that looks like so, and/or there is issue with the account registration. Go to the website below:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us/ref=hp_kin_ss_comp_cu?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200487800
, then select Kindle option, then select the register issue and setting up kindle issue details, then you'll have the phone option (and/or chat)

Viet - E-Reader Tech :

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

JACUSTOMER-9gwl4kej- :

I have been phoned by Salva, who managed to connect and register my 2nd Kindle. Hurrah! it wasn't easy but we got there, don't know why it was so difficult. But thanks for your efforts to help.

You're welcome. Great. That's the Kindle account department, where I transferred you to. Was the problem with the kindle or your Amazon account or your Amazon account's password, etc.?

I'm glad you got it working. If you need anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you,