Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I ORDERED TWO BOOKS TODAY AND FOUND THEY DID NOT APPEAR ON

Customer Question

I ORDERED TWO BOOKS TODAY AND FOUND THEY DID NOT APPEAR ON MY KINDLE.WHILST LOOKING FOR THEM MY SCREEN WENT BLANK AND IS STILL BLANK.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is Aric and I will be glad to assist you. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your Kindle. I want to let you know that providing you with the best possible assistance I can is my main priority, and my livelihood depends on your feedback.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.