Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Experienced with Android and Apple tablet support
63083622

I wish to update my Kindle but will I be able to keep the books

Customer Question

I wish to update my Kindle but will I be able to keep the books already on my original device?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Wes replied 3 years ago.

Wes :

My name is Wes and I will be assisting you today. Please favorite or bookmark this page press CTRL+D, so you can return here if we get disconnected.

Wes :

Do you mean update the firmware on your kindle or buy a new one?

Wes :

looks like you've gone offline. Please reply back and I will rejoin you as soon as I can.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Yes you will if the books were purchased via the Amazon store, and not manually transferred to the computer.

When you purchase your new Kindle, it will ask you to register it. You use the same Amazon credentials as you use on the current Kindle.

Once it is registered, all your books will then be available on the new Kindle. This is due to the fact that the books are linked to your Amazon account, not your actual kindle.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Wes replied 3 years ago.
Do you still require assistance with this issue?