Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

Hi,My Kindle paperwhite has frozen on It will not let me

Customer Question

My Kindle paperwhite has frozen on It will not let me switch it off either it has been like this for over 24hours. any suggestions what I can do.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Josie! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to switch of the kindle this way: If you have any cover on the kindle, please remove it for now
, then press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then it should switch off
, then turn it back on and check.

If needed, please charge the kindle for about 15 to 30 minutes, then while the kindle is charging, press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds again, then turn it back on and check.

Does that work? Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The battery is showing half full I have plugged it in but it is not charging I have tried turning it off and holding the switch down for 1minute while it is plugged in and nothing happens it seems to be frozen soled

I'm sorry, this looks like a hardware issue. Is there any cover on the kindle? How old is the kindle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the invoice in front of me it was purchased 7th August2013

Josie

Josie, I'm sorry, this is a hardware issue, but not to worry, Amazon will repair/replace it for you. Please start the process at the website below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html/279-5429439-2010740?ie=UTF8&initialIssue=asin-order&language=en_GB&nodeId=200594390&ref_=cu_si_noauth&skip=true

0800 - 496 - 2449

All your previous books will go on the new kindle if replaced, so don't worry about losing your books.

In the mean time, you can read your books on your computer or tablet, etc.:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?docId=1000425503

Edit: It looks like you are away. When you are available, please let me know if there is any issue. Thank you,