Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle is no longer up to date (notice on screen) Can

Customer Question

My kindle is 'no longer' up to date (notice on screen) Can it be updated, or must I buy another one?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your Kindle. I want to let you know that providing you with the best possible assistance I can is my main priority, and my livelihood depends on your feedback.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you; I've tried to follow your directions, but although the kindle seems to be operating, the message on my PC is still

'this version of the kindle application has expired and can no longer be used. Please update to a newer version'

there's a queue of books waiting apparently. But I'm able to read the latest (Persuasion) on my ipad and on the kindle itself - but not accessing it from the PC.

I've tried to identify the kindle, but it's very small and faint - I think it's

No(NNN) NNN-NNNNIC 9509A FC C ID ZEG 0725 This with quite a powerful light and magnifying glass!

Hilda Flint

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

You will need the latest version of Kindle Desktop software.

Please click here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd?docId=1000426311

Click on Download Now then run the installation. The new software will work with your Kindle
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
(Edited by Moderator)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know how you divide between yourself or Aric!

My immediate problem is with my Ipad, which doesn't tune in with my PC...so I can't access my gmail on the Ipad.....

Hilda.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
(Edited by Moderator)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i'M STILL UNABLE TO GET INTO GMAIL ON MY iPAD.

hILDA fLINT

sorry - left the capital button 'on'

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.

Hilda,

This is a brand new question and requires a new question to be created.

(Edited by Moderator)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As to your question, I think it was you rather than Aric, who put me onto reinstalling the kindle.

Next question: How do I access my gmail on my Ipad?!

Hilda

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
(Edited by Moderator)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, please transfer my rating from Aric to yourself.

Hilda

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Sent the request - Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what information do you want?

Why do we have to repeat all the stuff from my question from last week?

Hilda

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hilda,

Everything has been completed - Please do not reply back anymore
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, I'm confused.

My question from last week HAS been sorted.

But my immediate question about accessing my email on my Ipad has not.

Do you need more information?

Do I have to enrol again?

Yet you order me "not to reply back anymore".

I AM CONFUSED !!

Hilda

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi Hilda,

That is a separate question and requires you to ask a brand new question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My question:

How do I access my gmail a/c on my Ipad?

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hilda,

You must create a new question and post it. Please do not type the question here