Cory
Cory, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
8685120

My kindle paper white seems to have crashed when trying to

My kindle paper white seems to have crashed when trying to order a book it says I'm not regitered when trying to get back to the home page it tells me there is an application error and when trying to switch off wont go off properly green light goes off but screen doesnt close down propery and light wont stay on when switching back on it has been fully charged
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, I am Cory. I will be assisting you today.

I am sorry you are having problems with your Kindle.

It sounds like there maybe a glitch in the firmware.

Please remove the case if you have it in one and unplug it from a charging source, if connected. Press in and hold the power button/on switch for 30 seconds, this will reset the firmware. Please wait up to 3 minutes for it to restart.

Please continue for the full 30 seconds, even if the green light goes on and off.

If your Kindle still has issues, please reply and we will troubleshoot further.