Richard, Engineer
Experience:  E-Reader Engineer
32989067

I have had a paper white kindle for a year and downloaded many

I have had a paper white kindle for a year and downloaded many books and read them without any problems. However I downloaded a book recently and had read half the book when I went to read it again a day later the book was no longer there or anywhere else that I can see! Help!
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and tell me if it is now there.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it is there ! Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
your most welcome!

It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.