Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  Computer Engineer
16465236

Kindle paper white. Has been going slow to respond andmhave

Kindle paper white. Has been going slow to respond andmhave been unable to access the shop. It now seems to be completly frozen and will not let me into the book that I was reading.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Engineer1010 replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

When did you buy this Kindle and since when are you facing this issue ?

Andy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think that I bought my Kindle about 18 months ago. It would be about a couple of weeks ago that I was first unable to get int hte shop and it was about the same time that it appeared to be a bit sluggish in responding.

Yesterday I started reading a new book and it was fine except for being a bit slow in turning the pages.

Last night it virtually froze on me. It did start off when I first opened it by opening earlier than where I was up to and then suddenly when I tried to go to another page it would only come up with the kindle page and then the home page and this was all that I was able to get.

Please do this :

If you are using a leather (or any other) cover on your Kindle, remove it now.
Connect the Kindle in to the charger for about 5 minutes. Then, keeping the Kindle plugged in to the charger, slide (or push) and hold the switch for up to one minute or until you see the Kindle screen flicker, whichever is sooner.
Then, wait for about 3 minutes so that the Kindle can reboot.

Let me know result via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button

If this helped, please go ahead and RATE this answer with SMILEY face (GOOD / EXCELLENT) so that I get credited for my answer through this website.

Andy