Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

I have left my kindle out in the sun while swimming and the

Customer Question

I have left my kindle out in the sun while swimming and the screen is now blank and I cannot get it to switch on again I hope you can help as I am lost without it I have a kindle fire
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Marjorie! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried this: If you have any cover on the kindle, please remove it for now. Then press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

If that does not work, please charge the kindle for about 30 minutes, then while it is charging, do this again: press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Is there any power / light on the kindle at all?

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No joy have done what you suggested maybe have not given it enough time

I'm sorry, you can charge some more. Is there any power or light at all? Though it could be damaged from staying in the sun for a long time. Is the kindle under warranty?

Also, even if the kindle is damaged, I can still help you getting all your books back. Please let me know. Thank you,