Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Kindle is about 4 years old. Model No.D01100. It has suddenly

Customer Question

My Kindle is about 4 years old. Model No.D01100. It has suddenly stopped opening. The light works, but suddenly blinks and then stops. The screen just has the picture of magnified pencils, crayons. Can you help me, please.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.

Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it.

It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.

Try this at least 6 times.

The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It worked ! I put it on in another room and for the first time it showed up a picture of the battery, with it very low. I left it on for several hours and it showed the battery as full, and it is going well.

Thanks a lot.

Are you any good with iPads?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
For an iPad question you would need to open a new question. To do that just click on my name and there should be a box that will let you.
.