Cory
Cory, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
8685120

My kindle has developed a partial screen freeze that the quick

My kindle has developed a partial screen freeze that the quick fix will not resolve. The left hand side of the screen has part of the screen saver view and the lower part of the screen is completely blank. Only the top right quarter of the screen can be viewed. Can this be resolved?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, I am Cory. I will be assisting you today.

I am sorry you are having problems with your Kindle.

It sounds like there maybe a glitch in the firmware.

Please remove the case if you have it in one and unplug it from a charging source, if connected. Press in and hold the power button/on switch for 30 seconds, this will reset the firmware. Please wait up to 3 minutes for it to restart.

Please continue for the full 30 seconds, even if the green light goes on and off.

If your Kindle still has issues, please reply and we will troubleshoot further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Cory. Did you receive my response as the status has not been updated. I tried the above suggestion and this has not worked as the problem is still the same

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Sylvia,

Sorry, I missed it.

What model Kindle is this? How long have you had it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is the basic Kindle model and it is about 18 months old

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Sylvia,

Does the screen look like this one? It may not be your exact Kindle, but look at the screen.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Cory. My Kindle does not have they keyboard. However the screen issue is not the same as mine has distinct 'frozen section ie in three parts. The photo shows a more fuzzy screen issue

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Sylvia,

Let's do a force reset.

Please keep it on charge for 15 minutes. Once 15 minutes passes, please keep it on the charger and hold the power button for 30 seconds.

Once you reset it, please keep it charging for 15 minutes and let me know if it comes back on.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Cory. Unfortunately this has still not resolved the issue and the screen has exactly the same issue. Sylvia

Expert:  Cory replied 3 years ago.
Sylvia,

I know you do not want to hear this, but it is going to have to be replaced.

Because it is more than a year old, you should contact Kindle. Sometimes they will replace it after the warranty period, but it is at their discretion. If they will not replace it, they may offer a discount on an upgrade.

Please contact Kindle UK at 0800(###) ###-####br/>
If you want to read your books on your computer in the mean time, please download the program here. - http://amzn.to/ZTF9ym

I apologize for this outcome.

If you have any questions, please reply and I will assist you.

Please remember to rate my answer below.
I will not get credit for assisting you today unless you rate 'Ok Service' or higher and click Submit.