Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

I tried to charge my Kindle by connecting tp my laptop but

Customer Question

I tried to charge my Kindle by connecting tp my laptop but when I disconnect from computer I try to turn on .Green light comes on for a second then goes out and nothing comes up on screen apart from normal picture of shapes.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Patricia! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to charge by connecting to an electrical outlet?

If you have a cover on the kindle, please remove it for now. Then please try this: press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check. If needed, try holding the power on/off button again while charging.

Edit: It looks like you are not there; when you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,