Viet - E-Reader Tech
Viet - E-Reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-Readers.
30037186

I bought a new kindle for my wife. She does not remember her

Customer Question

I bought a new kindle for my wife. She does not remember her kindle address or her password ***** The device was registered to me instead of to her . How do I sort this out.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-Reader Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your new kindle?

Does she have an email address (not kindle address)?

Have you tried to deregister your account from the new kindle?

Would you like to use your Amazon account (email address) or her email address for the kindle?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BOOJG8GBDM:848719042252
Yes *****@******.***
Yes -failed to reinstate her account
Her email address

- Please see if you can reset her Amazon account password ***** the website below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/password

; there, make sure to enter her email address (not yours)

- If that does not work, then please create an Amazon account with her email address at the website below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/manageyourkindle

; there, enter her email address, then select the option "I am a new customer.", and continue.

Edit: Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,

I'm sorry, you've given me a negative rating, but it's been almost a week, and you have not replied back to me at all. Was the rating a mistake?

Did you try all my suggestions yet? Are you stuck at any step?

If you'd like to, I can set up a remote support session on your computer, so we can chat, and I will be to fix the Amazon / Kindle account issue directly on your computer together with you.

Please do not rate my service until everything is done. Please just reply back to continue. I only know you still need help if you reply back. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have sorted the problem . Sent the device to my daughter who sorted the problem. I will use your services again. It didn't work on this occasion

I'm sorry, I could have provided you another solution and fixed the issue sooner for you if you had replied back to me right away. But I'm glad you got it working now. We're canceling this. If you need help with anything else, please come back anytime as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you for replying back,